Sunday 21 February 2010

Happy Birthday Photoshop

How can we post any blogs without a mention to Photoshop. ..(?)
Many people will not fully appreciate the impact that PS Photoshop has has on the world, they may even be very disbelieving if you were to say it had.

The truth is though, that it has changed the way we look at the world (without us even knowing). The program itself has become a generic term for image manipulation, which has been used in one form or other through out the media. There are little (if any) print, or digital publications that have not touched Photoshop at some point in it's life.

I bare witness to this. From the day I had my first PC, I was enticed by the idea of manipulating photos. That curiosity turned to a hobby and then a profession. While I dabbled with other software (that in all honesty were not that bad), nothing could compare to PS.

This may start to sound like a sales pitch for Adobe, and it should be. It has saved my sanity (and pushed it to the limits) on many occasions.

Happy Birthday Photoshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment